Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Test Kitchen Adventures 2.1: The Making of... Anti-Bug Balm Cubes

They're made. The first batch of Anti-Bug Balm. I'm so excited. I made a whole mess of small cubes and a couple big ones. The big ones are for me. I spend a LOT of time in my yard. All day almost as a matter of fact. I like sitting out there with the dog and a book.

So just like the regular Body Bars and Mini-Me bars, these cubes have beeswax, a moisturizing oil blend, and shea butter. This stuff is really moisturizing. I'm really looking forward to pulling them out of the freezer and trying them out in the yard tonight. They've got a really smooth blend of citronella and lemongrass with some FRESH lemon thyme leaves from the garden thrown in.

These bars are yellow to distinguish them from the classic bars which will be moving to a creamy ivory color since the new shea and beeswax came in. Its all a matter of ingredients!

So anyhow- I'm really excited to test out these new cubes and let you know how they work in Post 2.3 I'm also excited to see what kind of interest we get, seeing as how this is looking to be a very buggy summer. We've had quite a bit of interest so far, but I'd really be interested in whether you lovely folks wanna try it in cube form or in stick form (like an old-fashioned glue stick.. except with bug lotion instead of glue). So tell me what you think and I'll do what I can to make it happen- and you know, tell you how this stuff works.

No comments:

Post a Comment