Friday, April 5, 2013

The Creative Process

Moving forward in the decision to make a go of building my own business, I'm facing more and more challenges. The original plan was to take a weekend off work to attend a craft show or an event to showcase Sage Pure's products and to gauge the amount of interest I could expect in the beginning of the business.

The first problem I've faced is that of getting an entire weekend off from work. The girls just won't have it! And if I can't get my shifts covered, I can't take the time off. This presents a major problem. I had already come to terms with the fact that I may not be able to get involved in an actual craft show like I had wanted due to time constraints, however I had hoped that I could still take the time to go to one of our local outdoor markets to get a weekend booth. Who knew, it might be a great thing to fill the spare weekends that I couldn't attend craft fairs!

This little problem is now forcing me to enter this new phase of my life blind. This is very outside my comfort level. I have always been a risk-taker, but not with my future. In the moment, absolutely,but not life changes.  Unfortunately, this has been a very thought-out process which has resulted in my being uncomfortable with the change in plans and not being able to face them the way I had imagined.

I am also feeling a little overcome with the challenges of building my business online. My parents both had successful businesses when I was growing up, but there was never a huge online presence. I'm just not familiar with it. The whole idea is foreign. So in an effort to be more online savvy, I have started Sage Pure's blog (hello!), I've listed on Etsy, and I've updated the website to be a little more... modern?
`
But the biggest challenge to overcome is my own fear of failure. No matter how much planning or thought I put into the idea and the foundation, I will never know until I try. And that scares the dickens out of me. Have no fear, this hesitant risk-taker will definitely be jumping in with both feet.

Keep looking for more on Sage Pure and everything that we are, our trials and tribulations, and our progress in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment