Thursday, May 23, 2013

Test Kitchen Adventures 1.0: Sun-sitive Skin After Burn Creme

Today is Thursday. On Tuesday, Manfriend and I went fishing. This is important because it resulted in a research and development breakthrough idea that I had.

Manfriend had this brilliant (it really was- not being sarcastic) idea to go fishing at a pond down the road on Sunday. But that plan was foiled by an exceptionally wild thunderstorm that just wouldn't quit!! So we spent Sunday on the couch.

Tuesday, however, dawned nice and bright and HOT! So Manfriend went off to purchase poles to fish with (I was under the impression that I had a fishing pole in the laundry room, but it was MIA when I checked and he still needed one). Thoughtfully, he decided against the purple fishing pole with the pink reel and the LED lights that flashed when you reeled in your epic catfish catch. Good man, that Manfriend.




ANYHOW after we got our poles and we strung them and put our weights and hooks on, we marched (drove) our way on over to the pond and commenced fishing. Forever. I cast my line. Read my book. reeled it in. Cast my line. Watched Manfriend catch a fish (kind of.. he reeled it all the way to the dock... and lost it) Watched the bobber jump. Reeled it in. Discovered the fish stole my worm. Cast my line. over. And over. And over. And over. And over. Watched Manfriend ACTUALLY catch a fish. Watched Manfriend fight with and reel in a really BIG catfish... And then watched the line break. I'm still in denial over whether or not he ACTUALLY caught that gigantic cat. And then.. after HOURS of fishing... and watching Manfriend have all the fun, I caught one. Oh yes, I did.

What I also managed to get was sunburned! I'm definitely red. Not lobster red... but red. And I'm sore. Soooooo I did what every good home-made maker does... She tries to figure out a way to make whatever is bugging her better.

And I don't know about you, but I hate- HATE that sticky aloe crap. That will NOT be going on my body. Anytime soon. And by that I mean ever. So... I decided to try something else.

A new favorite has been born! Sun-sitive Skin After Burn Creme! So far I haven't scented it yet, but I will be looking into whether or not scenting it will be appropriate. Personally, I'd rather have something that smells nice to put on after burns. I don't want to stink nasty.

If you ever have any suggestions or ideas for things you want to see or hear about, please let me know.  I think Manfriend's and my next adventure will be drag racing this Sunday. And wish me luck- Gramma is coming to town on Saturday so the next few weeks will be hectic and the business will probably soar. Look forward to a lot more news and hopefully a lot more adventures!!



No comments:

Post a Comment