Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Make It Yourself: An Article on Sugar Scrubs and How To Make Your Own Facial Scrub

I decided this evening while waiting on supper to write a quick post containing a few Do-It-Yourself ideas. I've lately been training the horses outside a great bit so I've arrived home quite sweaty and stinky and exhausted.

Today, however, I decided to pamper myself. No puppies, no Manfriend, no ponies... just me, my book, my beer, and a nice hot relaxing bath.
With Lavender scented bath salts and some baking soda for detoxification added, I enjoyed a super hot soak while enjoying lots of lit candles, a beer, and my aforementioned book (The Second Horseman, for those who are interested)

The reason, though, for this post is not my bathing habits. While I was in that bath, I went ahead and quickly whipped up a lovely exfoliating mask of baking soda and honey. Just take a tablespoon of honey- any one will do, they all have antiseptic and antibiotic properties, mix it well with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and a teaspoon of baking soda for exfoliating.


The lemon juice acts as a toner to tighten skin and close pores. Honey moisturizes and removes the bacteria within pores and baking soda acts as an exfoliator to remove dirt, dead skin cells, and open pores.

Enjoy pampering yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment